WHEN DOES DISCIPLINE BEGIN FOR A CHILD ?
Discipline isn’t about punishment. It’s about teaching and guidance, which can — and should — start in infancy’s earliest stages.
A newborn is so helpless and innocent that caring for him is an awesome task. On the way to the growth of the baby, newborn, toddler, child and adult, parents are the best guide. It’s pretty obvious that the way that we decide to discipline our children will have a huge impact on who they will become. Raising children to become loving, respectful and conscious adults need a lot of planning. Check out some tips and quotes about parenting-
CHECK OUT SOME TIPS AND QUOTES ABOUT PARENTING
- Setting limits is a critical part of your responsibility as a parent,~ Claire Lerner, LCSW, director of parenting resources at Zero to Three, in Washington, D.C.
- Babies are constantly making observations about the world,~Harvey Karp, MD, author of The Happiest Toddler on the Block
- Although toddlers can sometimes be intentionally naughty, they often don’t know right from wrong,~ Parents advisor Ari Brown, MD, author of Toddler 411
- Your baby might want to fall asleep on your shoulder, but he doesn’t need to,~ says Jane Nelsen, EdD, coauthor of Positive Discipline:
- Anybody out there who is a parent, if your kids want to paint their bedrooms, as a favor to me, let them do it. It’ll be OK, ~Randy Pausch
- If we don’t shape our kids, they will be shaped by outside forces that don’t care what shape our kids are in. ~ Dr. Louise Hart
- Encourage and support your kids because children are apt to live up to what you believe of them. ~ Lady Bird Johnson
- You have to give them unconditional love. They need to know that even if they screw up, you love them. You don’t want them to grow up and resent you or, even worse, parent the way you parented them. ~ Alfie Kohn